With “Blood & Guts” being postponed, AEW needed to rebook this Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite, and we could be in for a treat as they’ve announced on Twitter that Kenny Omega will now be defending his AAA Mega Championship against Sammy Guevara.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 23, 2020
The AAA Mega Championship, known in Mexico as Mega Campeonato AAA is arguably the number one title in Lucha Libre, and Kenny Omega has been champion since winning the title last October, beating Fenix at Heroes Inmortales. This will be the second time Omega has defended the title in AEW, after retaining it against Jack Evans during an episode of AEW Dark last November.
In addition, Dynamite will feature Cody vs. Jimmy Havoc and a face-to-face between new signee Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020