Being one of Vince McMahon’s all-time greatest creations, and being a bonafide legend of the wrestling business has its advantages, and one of them is you can pick and choose who you wrestle.
In the Undertaker’s case, he has chosen AJ Styles to be his WrestleMania 36 opponent because he considers him the closet wrestler on the roster to a modern-day Shawn Michaels according to WrestlingNews.co. The Undertaker had some of his best and most memorable matches against Shawn Michaels, so it makes sense.
The Undertaker’s last singles match was against Goldberg at Super ShowDown 2019 and viewed by many as a disaster, so it’s likely The Undertaker wants to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans with a good match at WWE’s flagship event.
The match was at risk after AJ Styles was injured at the Royal Rumble after taking a spear from Edge, but he thankfully has made a recovery and will compete for the Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy in a gauntlet match also featuring Andrade, Lashley, Rusev, R-Truth, and Erick Rowan.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020