With WWE not having TV tapings in 10 years at Madison Square Garden it would have been safe to assume a sellout was inevitable.
Ticket sales though are not where they should be for the back-to-back RAW and Smackdown Live shows. So WWE has gone back to the past and is bringing in another legend.
Having already announced The Undertaker for the MSG SmackDown Live show, it has now been announced “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will be returning to the famous arena for the first time in almost 20 years.
🗣 JUST ANNOUNCED: 🗣 For the first time in almost two decades, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (@steveaustinBSR) returns to The World’s Most Famous Arena for WWE Monday Night RAW on September 9. You don’t want to miss this! https://t.co/HaOonbsZbq #WWEMSG pic.twitter.com/HuhPuLlXXR
— MSG (@TheGarden) August 26, 2019
Steve Austin has some great matches/moments at MSG including his match against Bret Hart at Survivor Series, his main event of SummerSlam and also the first time he ever stunned Vince McMahon. Hopefully, he can add to those with a memorable appearance on September 9th.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020