Eric Bischoff probably had a massive smile on his face when he heard that SmackDown’s overnight ratings had fallen for the second week running following the move to FOX.
The decline from last week was 16 percent, dropping to 2.441 million viewers. The only positive is that the show did grow its audience by just over 100,000 viewers between hours one to two.
The show was headlined by Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan defeating Shinsuke Nakamura and King Baron Corbin. There was also a Miz TV segment with SmackDown’s Woman’s Champion Bayley, who turned heel last week.
Game three of the World Series is being aired on FOX next Friday, so SmackDown will air live on FS1. This will almost certainly result in a further decline, although that will at least be a legitimate reason.
Next week’s show is the go-home show for Crown Jewel and will feature Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, plus a face-to-face segment with Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasques.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020