Best known as the first woman to qualify for the finals of American Ninja Warrior, Kacy Catanzaro has quit WWE due to a back injury.
She signed with WWE in August 2017 and made her in-ring debut at an NXT live event in April 2018. Her main roster debut came at the 2019 Royal Rumble. She would then make her full NXT debut in March.
We are told she has been dealing with disc problems in her back and has decided to quit professional wrestling.
It did seem she had a big future ahead of her had she not suffered her back injury. WWE had tried to sign her multiple times based on her American Ninja Warrior success. A big part of the reason was she was credited for taking the mostly male viewership of Amerian Ninja Warrior to 55% female. Had she been able to replicate that with WWE, she would have been a massive star.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Kurt Angle Says His Quality Of Life Sucks – February 15, 2020
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020
- Matt Hardy Declines WWE’s Latest Contract Offer – February 14, 2020
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019