Mike Kanellis hasn’t been on any WWE TV show or live event since requesting his release in October. However, he made his return to the ring on Friday night at an NXT live event in Melbourne, Florida, where he teamed with Tony Nese.
WWE is testing the team out, and if they work well together, they intend to make them a regular part of NXT.
Mike’s last appearance on WWE TV was back in September. The following month he posted a statement on his social media saying he had requested his release, just a few months into a new five-year deal.
Kanellis’s desire to leave WWE stemmed from wanting to work more regularly, as he stated on Twitter when he announced he had requested his release. It now seems he will get this opportunity.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019
- Kurt Angle Says His Quality Of Life Sucks – February 15, 2020
- Matt Hardy Declines WWE’s Latest Contract Offer – February 14, 2020
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020