All Elite Wrestling has announced that AEW Dynamite’s contact with TNT has been extended through 2023. In a press release Kevin Reilly, president of TNT, TBS, and truTV said:
TNT was originally hoping for 500,000 viewers per week when Dynamite debuted and the show has vastly exceeded that figure despite head-to-head competition from NXT. Last week’s episode actually had 947,000 average viewers and comfortably beat NXT in the ratings.
Also announced is that there will be a second television show. Details of the second show aren’t yet known, but moving AEW Dark from YouTube to television is the most likely scenario.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020