In honor of Jushin Thunder Liger’s retirement, Chris tells the full story of Super Liger! He chronicles the character’s origin, the costume design, and seeing the mask for the first time. And he hosts a watch-along of Super Liger’s one and only match against Koji Kanemoto at the Tokyo Dome in January of 1997. He remembers the crowd reaction (or lack thereof), the locker room reaction post-match, and even shares a few of the critical reviews. Chris also talks about the fallout from the match, and the one thing that saved his opportunity to do more work for New Japan in the future.
For more Talk Is Jericho episodes please visit TalkIsJericho.com and you can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019
- The Coronavirus Is Affecting Pro Wrestling In Japan – February 18, 2020
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020
- Matt Hardy Declines WWE’s Latest Contract Offer – February 14, 2020