In the late hours of the night, Randy Orton was drinking, vaping, and playing video games on Twitch with his friend. He started shooting the shit with fans and lots of interesting comments, which we will attempt to detail below, but the highlight was putting over AEW and specifically Sammy Guevara.
“Speaking of Vince, that AEW was fucking cool, huh? Did you watch that show last night? Oh, my God! I’ll tell you what. It’s that big match feel, the big show feel.”
“Cody and Sammy Guevara? That kid can do some shit. I’d love to work with that kid. They had a great match. And I thought opening the show with that match was a good idea and well received.”
You can listen for yourself below.
— Chris (@Space_Migration) October 4, 2019
Sadly the actual stream has been deleted, presumably as Orton used the N-word. I have been told that the word wasn’t used in a hateful manner, but still was a poor choice of words. Hopefully, an apology will be forthcoming from Orton.
Reddit user KingEJ1 compiled the following notes from comments Orton made during the stream, which do make fascinating reading.
• He hates people that make a living off selling signed memorabilia. He told a story about how, when he was 20, he signed almost 100 pictures for one fan at an airport. Saying he used to look forward to signing things when young till he found out people would sell stuff.
•He loved everything about AEW and is happy for Cody, who he also called a good friend.
• His favorite match was Pac vs. Hangman Page.
• Went on a 5-10 minute tangent about how great of a mom and partner his wife is a partner and that she’d smoke, “and by smoke, I mean fuck up” any female in the WWE cause she’s from Brooklyn.
• He noticed like about five variations of the RKO or cutter during the show, which he thought was cool.
• The loudest crowd he heard in a while was South Korea.
• He wants to have a match with Will Osprey and is a big fan.
• He admires guys like Jack Evans and the Hardy Boys for what they put their bodies through.
•He loves Joey Ryan’s gimmick from the start despite many pros hating it.
• Kept up with Tyler Black in the indies and was excited by how good Seth Rollins was when he finally got to work with him.
• He went on a 5-10 minute tangent about how great of a mom and partner his wife is and that she’d smoke “and by smoke, I mean fuck up” any female in the WWE cause she’s from Brooklyn.
• Misses Sheamus, says he’s a great person to have in the locker room, a good friend and that they were movie buddies for a long time.
• Says just hearing Mark Henry talk in the locker room reminds him of the old days.
• Loves that there are a lot fewer assholes in the locker room than there used to be.
• He wouldn’t want to have a work with The Fiend because he doesn’t want to ruin the momentum. He would rather see how others work with him.
• Would love to have a match at Wrestlemania with CM Punk and would even go to AEW if it meant he got to work with him.
• Put over the USA as a country saying traveling to certain places put in perspective how good we have it here.
Orton will probably end up regretting being so open on Twitch as he’ll almost certainly be having a conversation with WWE executives today.