On Sunday, several armed men entered a restaurant in Irapuato, Guanajuato, where Generación XXI Promoter Gerardo Martín Landeros Mendiola was eating lunch, and shot him multiple times. They then sped off in a gray van. He sadly died before the paramedics could arrive. The feeling in Mexico is that it was a targeted execution as nobody else was shot.
There was a Generación XXI show planned for later that Sunday but was obviously canceled. Their next show is scheduled for 16th February, but that is up in the air right now, as is the future of the promotion.
Generación XXI was launched in 2016 and had been running about 20 shows per year using stars like LA Park, Rush, Bandido, and Blue Demon Jr. mixed with local talents.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Billy Graham Says Vince McMahon Is the Single Most Evil Human Walking The Earth – February 24, 2020
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020
- The Coronavirus Is Affecting Pro Wrestling In Japan – February 18, 2020
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019