It doesn’t seem to be a good time to be the son of a former WWE star, because after news of Ted DiBiase’s youngest son’s arrest, now Scott Hall’s son Cody has got himself in trouble on social media.
In a now-deleted tweet, Cody Hall would make a reply to a Chris Dickinson tweet, and make light of the coronavirus, and use a racially insensitive comment that is meant to describe men with a sexual preference for Asian women. You can see a screenshot of the tweet below.
Cody Hall was on his second tour with Japanese promotion DDT Pro Wrestling at the time of the tweet, and they have announced he is being withdrawn from the tour at his suggestion.
Cody Hall has recently made an inappropriate comment on Twitter, and we have contacted him regarding this situation. Cody Hall has apologized to us, and has also suggested withdrawing himself from the remaining dates of his tour as well as relinquishing his Anytime Anywhere contract. In light of the gravity of his comments, we have agreed to all of his suggestions above.
All announced cards including Cody Hall will be changed, and the scheduled KO-D Tag Championship Match in Nagoya on February 24 will be canceled. All updated cards will be announced once they are decided.
DDT Pro-Wrestling will keep working to provide pro-wrestling content that can be enjoyed by the fans. We sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this situation, as well as all of our fans.
Cody has gone on to apologize for the comment, as you can read below.
— Cody Hall (@Cody_Hall1) February 9, 2020
In Case You Missed It:
- The Coronavirus Is Affecting Pro Wrestling In Japan – February 18, 2020
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019
- Billy Graham Says Vince McMahon Is the Single Most Evil Human Walking The Earth – February 24, 2020
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020