The World Health Organization has announced that the coronavirus is a pandemic following more than 115,000 people being infected throughout the world. Sporting events and large gatherings are being reviewed, and many are being canceled or played inside virtually empty areas. So with WrestleMania 36 being just over three weeks away, there is a genuine possibility that WWE’s biggest show of the year will be affected.
WrestleMania is being held in Tampa, Florida, and as of yesterday, 21 Florida residents had been diagnosed with the coronavirus, and two of those have died. But as of writing, the event is still scheduled to go ahead as planned according to the City of Tampa’s official Twitter account. Replying to a fan’s question, they posted the below tweet.
Hello, at this time @WrestleMania is still planned to proceed on schedule. Please contact the @WWE with questions about cancellations. The City is currently monitoring the spread of coronavirus and will work with venues as needed.
— City of Tampa (@CityofTampa) March 11, 2020
With infections increasing by the hour, WrestleMania’s status could change at any time, and we will keep you informed on the updates here on WIJ.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020