Chris Jericho’s alter ego, “The Painmaker,” is returning to New Japan to wrestle Hiroshi Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 14 on January 5th, and the hype has now started.
A creepy video aired during New Japan Pro Wrestling’s World Tag League event showing Jericho in his Painmaker gear and makeup surrounded by a group of followers dressed like him.
Jericho would state:
“Time’s running out Tanahashi, January 5th is only weeks away. Only weeks away from The Painmaker vs. The Ace at the Tokyo Dome. It’s going to be the greatest match of your career; it’s also going to be the last match of your career.”
Wrestle Kingdom 14 will air on NJPWworld.com, and you can watch the full promo video below building the match.
In Case You Missed It:
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- Matt Hardy Declines WWE’s Latest Contract Offer – February 14, 2020
- The Coronavirus Is Affecting Pro Wrestling In Japan – February 18, 2020
- Kurt Angle Says His Quality Of Life Sucks – February 15, 2020
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019