AEW has confirmed today through a press release that “The Murderhawk Monster” Lance Archer has signed a multi-year deal with the promotion. Tony Khan, President, and CEO of AEW said of the signing:
The 42-year-old Archer has wrestled for TNA as “Dallas” and “Lance Hoyt,” where he was an NWA World Tag Team Champion twice with Kid Kash. He briefly worked as “Vance Archer” in WWE on their ECW brand and on SmackDown before competing in Japan as “Lance Archer” for both New Japan and NOAH, where he was a 2x GHC Tag Team Champion and 3 x IWGP Tag Team Champion all with Davey Boy Smith Jr.
His biggest title win was defeating Juice Robinson for the vacated IWGP United States Championship after Jon Moxley was unable to defend the title due to bad weather preventing him from traveling. He would go on to lose the title to Jon Moxley in a Texas Death match at Wrestle Kingdom 14 on January 4, 2020.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020