WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler confirmed on his podcast “The Jerry Lawler Show” that he will not be getting physical in WWE any longer.
He confirmed this while discussing the recent Samoa Joe angle on RAW. Saying on his podcast:
Lawler has suffered health issues in the past, which has lead to WWE taking this stance. Including requiring medical attention at the announce table after going into cardiac arrest live on the air while commentating Monday Night Raw in September 2012 following a match where he tagged with Randy Orton against Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk.
The WWE Hall of Famer has competed for independent wrestling promotions in-ring since the cardiac arrest in 2012. However, as far as the WWE are concerned, we won’t be seeing “The King” step in the ring or getting physical with any superstar again.
Although he would like to get physical in the WWE again, Lawler understands and accepts WWE’s stance on the matter.
So it seems him taking the Mandible Claw from The Fiend back in August 2019 will be his last WWE action.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- WWE Commentators Were Told To Bury Sting During His WrestleMania 31 Match – March 24, 2020
- Braun Strowman Replaced Roman Reigns As Goldberg’s WrestleMania 36 Opponent – March 27, 2020
- Joe Exotic Was An Indie Wrestling Commentator, And Held Shows At His Exotic Animal Park – March 26, 2020
- Shane McMahon Made Big Money Wrestling In 2019 – March 10, 2020
- Talk Is Jericho: The Exalted Escape Of Brodie Lee – March 27, 2020