This past weekend Vince McMahon’s XFL relaunched with four games spread between ABC, FOX, and ESPN, with the ratings just coming in this afternoon. Overall the average was 3,118,000 with the breakdown below.
Putting this into perspective, Bill Polian and Charlie Ebersol’s (son of original XFL co-founder Dick Ebersol) Alliance of American Football league averaged 2.9 million viewers for their debut on CBS. They would end up filing for bankruptcy before completing their inaugural season.
The original XFL in 2001 debuted with 9,709,000 viewers but would drop 52% the following week. If history is not to be repeated next week’s numbers will need to hold up. A lot of wrestling fans will have watched out of curiosity, so the key will be keeping them. If the XFL does, the league might be a success this time around.
You can check out more content from WebIsJericho.com below, and be sure to follow WIJ on Facebook and Twitter for all our latest posts.
In Case You Missed It:
- Cincinnati Arena Keeping AEW Out Because Of Their Relationship With WWE – February 17, 2020
- Vince McMahon Didn’t Want To Sign Randy Orton – August 15, 2019
- Chris Jericho Confirms Vince McMahon’s WrestleMania 33 Insult Lead Him To Eventually Signing With AEW – September 17, 2019
- The Coronavirus Is Affecting Pro Wrestling In Japan – February 18, 2020
- Billy Graham Says Vince McMahon Is the Single Most Evil Human Walking The Earth – February 24, 2020